Step 1 Hospitalization Procedures
Step 2 International Health Care Center
- Appointment for hospitalization
- Submission of foreign insurance certificate and receiving information related to hospitalization
Step 3 Hospitalization
Preparatory requirements for hospitalization
- If you want, you can be provided with the items that you will need during the hospitalization (such as a water bottle, a cup, slippers, towels, toothpaste, toothbrush, soap, razor and tissues) and the related cost will be added to your bill at the time of discharge You need to bring your own underwear, diapers (needed after delivery). On the day of discharge from delivery, you need to have your personal items for the new born baby as coat, soft and thin cover, hard cover to support the baby when holding it and a nursing bottle.
- In the case we can not get guaranty from your insurance company, you will need a payment guarantor with Korean citizenship who will sign the admission agreement form for payment guarantee. Then, a patient room will be assigned to you and additional information will be given including hospital procedures.
During Your Stay
The staff of the International Health care center will continue to provide you with all the support you need.
You will be given a patient's gown to wear in the hospital.
- Korean style meals and western style meals are available. You will be asked to choose your meal in advance when you get admitted. If there is a certain food that you don’t want, you can check them on the ‘western meal interview checklist’ and submit this checklist to the nurses so that you will be provided meals not including those ingredients.
- The doctors usually make their rounds in each ward from 7:00-8:00am and 17:00-19:00pm. (These times can vary according to the doctors’ schedule.)
- You can phone from your room. You will have to pay for the telephone fees related to any calls that are made from your room.
- Public phones are located between the east and west wards on each floor.
- An emergency call button is located directly next to your bed. Please push the button if you need an immediate assistance.
- An emergency call button is also located in your bathroom and in all the public bathrooms of the hospital.
- A Kitchen is located at the entrance of the west ward near to the elevators. You can obtain hot and cold water there at any time.
- You are NOT allowed to use any heating devices in your room. Please use the microwave oven located in the kitchen.
Step 1 Doctor’s approval for discharge
Step 2 International Health care Center
- Payment for medical services and receiving a receipt in English
Step 3 International Health care Center
- Receiving medications, explanations on cautions after discharge, explanations on discharge Procedures and medical certificate or report as neede
- If you need a medical certificate or report, please inform your nurse or the International Health Care Center in advance. Once the doctor has signed your medical certificate, you will be expected to pay for your certificate at the time of discharge.
※ In case of delivery, a Birth Certificate will be issued to you automatically upon discharge.
- Your physician will decide which day you will be discharged depending upon your condition. Your physician will notify you and other members of the health-care team of your expected discharge date in advance. Payment which is accepted by credit card or cash (in Korean wons) should be made in the International Health Care Center on the day of your discharge except in the case that your insurance will pay directly to the hospital.
Once your payment has been made, you will receive a receipt in English and prior to your discharge, please check that you receive all the medication prescriptions and any follow-up appointments.