Patient Rights / Patient Responsibilities
Seoul St. Mary’s hospital reproduces Jesus Christ as a healer that is the spirit of Catholic medical treatment center, takes care of people who are suffered from disease, and relieves physical and spiritual suffering throughout holistic care and services. We provide the best medical examination and treatment by continuous attempt and also medical service with medical personnel's professional mind and calling, we now make a declaration about respect and protection for patient’s right as mentioned below to satisfy all people who come to our hospital.
- 1. The patient has the right to make demands based on personal beliefs, values and religion.
- 2. The patient has the right to have his/her physical and psychological well-being preserved from any potential hazard while under our care.
- 3. The patient has the right to hear explanation about his/her health condition, care plan, prognosis, and hospital bills from health care professionals.
- 4. The patient has the right to hear explanation about medical treatment, tests, operations, and admissions and has the right to permit those medical services to carry out and has the right to refuse or discontinue treatment and medical procedure identified within the scope of the guideline of medical ethics in Catholic medical center.
- 5. The patient has the right to be secured his/her confidentiality related to medical treatment and physical condition. It is forbidden to read medical records of patient unless there is permission.
- 6. The patient has the right to suggest improvements in hospital management, procedures, etc.
- 7. The patient has the right to appropriate assessment and management of pain.
- 8. The patient has the right to respectful and compassionate care at the end of life.
- 9. The patient has the right to be informed about how to participate in research studies.
- 10. The patient has the right to be informed about choices to donate organs and other tissues.
- 1. The Patient follows treatment suggested by medical staff and takes responsibility about the consequences resulting from non compliant behavior to medical treatments.
- 2. The Patient follows regulations in hospital, respects medical staff and other patients, and takes financial responsibility under the admission contract with hospital.
Seoul St. Mary's Hospital