- The Roles of Volunteer Workers.
- Visit patients and provide them with spiritual and physical support.
- Follow the regulations on disease prevention, control and treatment according to the hospital's policies and social conditions.
- Answer patients' questions during their stay at the hospital.
- Assist simple and repetitious processes- Assist medical treatment.
- Listen to the complaints of hospital visitors and relay the message to the hospital administration to solve problems.
- Provide services based on knowledge, skills and capabilities.
Seoul St. Mary's Hospital is open to anyone who wishes to serve the patients as volunteer?workers. (Information : Seoul St. Mary's Hospital Volunteer Service Center)
|Volunteer Team||Volunteer Activities|
|Visit Patients||Visit patients, talk to them, pray for them, guide them to Mass and confession, nurse them, give them a haircut, etc...|
|Information||Assist information desks on the 1st and 2nd floor, reception, prescription, hospitalization/discharge procedures, write for patients, etc...|
|Library||Manage a library for patients and their families|
|Outpatient||Organize/transport charts, pass out prescriptions, assist patients, etc...|
|Intensive Care||Pray for patients, bathe them, etc...|
|Playroom||Drawing, paper art, coloring, story telling, puzzles, etc...|
|Surgery Room||Say a prayer before surgery and assist surgeons|
|Religion||Prepare for Mass, explain about Mass, clean the chapel, etc...|
|Central Support||Fold surgical sponge, pack cotton pads, wind silk thread, fold pads for burn patients, etc...|
|Pharmaceutical||Open pill bottles and put stickers on them|