Home Care, as an alternative to hospitalization, aims to provide the best professional standards of medical care at home. Home care is a service system that substitutes the hospital stay for patients who need continuing care after discharge or have difficulty seeing a doctor due to restricted mobility. Home care nurses make visits to the patient’s home and deliver services equivalent to the treatment and care given in hospital in accordance with the physician’s recommendations.
Home Care Nurse
Home care nurses are fully experienced clinical nurse practitioners.Home care nurses are experienced and specialized experts who have completed a program certified by the Minister of Health and Welfare.
Objectives of Home Care
Objective of Home Care in the broad sense
- To deliver the mission of the Catholic Medical Center via the home care service.
Objective of Home Care in a narrow sense
- To enable patients to make an early return to their homes and society after discharge from St. Mary’s Hospital
- To work as an alternative to a hospital stay by offering services equivalent to hospital medical treatment and care.
- To enable the 3rd health care institutes to manage resources more efficiently and cut down public medical expenses through shortened hospital stays, which ensures a low vacant bed rate.
- To offer patients’ emotional comfort and a fast recovery in a familiar home setting surrounded by their family.
- To provide patients who are suffering from chronic diseases with continued treatment and care.
- To enhance patients’ quality of life and make them feel secure and comfortable through home hospice care.
Criteria for Recipients of Home Care ( who can get home care)
- Patients with cerebrovascular diseases or other illness restricting their mobility.
- Patients due for discharge early after operation.
- Patients undergoing cancer treatment or hospice care.
- Patients who need continuing special treatment and care with special apparatus such as L-tube, F-catheter, tracheostomy tube and others.
- Postpartum mothers and new-born babies.
- Patients referred by physicians.